Thursday, November 7, 2013

It's the season of fall

It's finally fall. Which, in Phoenix, means that it's finally bearable to walk outside and enjoy a nice day at the park. We absolutely love the weather. Its been in the low 80's and high 70's, and I'm thankful to walk outside in shorts and a flip-flops everyday, when seeing all my Idaho friends bombard Facebook with complaints of snow and freezing winds.  

My parents were able to visit the first week in October and it was so much fun to be able to show them our new home. I do feel bad that we didn't do much, since Wade needed his naps every couple of hours, I guess it's okay since their main priority was to love up on baby Wade ;)  although, we did go to the mall, go on walks and drives, hung out by the pool, made lots of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, checked out the Phoenix temple thats being built just up the road from us, and went to Kevin's white coat ceremony. 

My main regret was not taking more pictures while they were here! I kept forgetting my camera (I know...crazy!) So...I apologize in advance for the phone photos.



I'm so proud of Kevin! He loves this program and has been dedicating so much time and hard work into school. Kevin is studying to be a cardiovascular perfusionist, which means that he will run the heart-lung machine during cardiac surgery and other similar surgeries. 

(Above) This is his entire class after the white coat ceremony.


Wade had just woke up. He looks so grumpy, but he's just tired.







Checking out the Phoenix temple (under construction), mall walks, and pet store. Wade really enjoys dogs!



We went to the Arizona State Fair with some friends and had a blast. It was everyone's (except Kevin) first time going to a demolition derby and we were all very impressed. Wade did really well considering the incredibly loud cars, and audience. He didn't cry at all, but was his very curious self.







Going through the Ice Age museum at the fair.





The little guy was such a good baby the whole time we were at the fair, but look how tired he was at the end! He fell asleep in my arms on the walk back to the car.





October was full of Halloween parties/ activities. Midwestern held a really fun Halloween festival with trick-or-treating through some campus buildings. We weren't sure what the protocol was, since Wade isn't necessarily going to be the one eating the candy. In retrospect, we should've taken advantage of getting all that candy!

I had so many costume ideas for Wade, and of course, I ran out of time. But I stuck him in some overalls and threw together a cardboard/paper plate train and called him a train conductor. (In case you were wondering what he is supposed to be)










Halloween day was pretty relaxed for Wade and I. Kevin was very busy preparing for finals at school, but since nobody came trick-or-treating, I wanted to do something Halloween 'ish', so we painted a pumpkin. 




I was starting to feel guilty for being inside all the time. I began to notice how much he loves to stare out the window. Usually the only time we would go outside was when I would go walking, and Wade was strapped down to the stroller. So, now we spend a lot of time hanging out at parks. Wade loves to crawl around, and to observe everyone and everything around him. 



Wade wearing his baby friend, Clara's bonnet. How cute ;) He's so happy to play outside! Until its time to get back into his stroller (below).




Wade's first time in the swing. He wasn't sure what to think at first, but he LOVED it! Of course, what kid doesn't love swings??




I gave Wade his first haircut. It may or may not be butchered, with a few bald spots around his ears...Good thing hair grows back. I will learn as time goes on. 




I am so in love with this boy's expressions. He has about 900 different facial expressions!



He loves bathtime, playing in drawers, cupboards, and the dishwasher. He sprint-crawls (meaning, he is fast!). He walks all along furniture, climbs onto anything he can, including cardboard boxes, the entertainment center, the rocking chair, etc...

He keeps me busy, but I wouldn't have it any other way.


No comments:

Post a Comment